7/22/2009

Areum's Portrait Session


Photography by Richard Min

Areum takes everything seriously. She rarely smiles. No matter what I do, she doesn't sit still, minding her own business (crawling out of the seamless background most of the time) and looks at me occasionally as though not interested in anything what I do for her. I tickled her. I lowered my body really low on the floor to get down to her eye level position, and entertaining her by making funny voices and body gestures. I tried everything... It didn't work. I had to do something fresh and crazy. Finally, making myself TOTALLY animated and insane in front of her created a little smile on her face! If someone had witnessed me performing this kind of strange activity, he or she probably thought I was completely koo~ koo~ in the head. Wow. That was a hard work. But at the end, it was all worth it. She looks so happy in the images I created for her (especially for Areum's parents). Baby Areum's expressions and gestures in the pictures are genuine and they tell great stories. This portrait session was arranged to commemorate her first birthday. Happy birthday Areum..!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment