8/05/2009

Look What I Did


Photography by Richard Min

Look What I Did @ DiPiazzas, Long Beach, CA

The progressive punk band, "Look What I Did" came all the way from Nashville, Tennessee to perform in front of the fans in Long Beach, California. David Choi, the producer at Originology Records initially hired me to cover Shrimp's performance. However, the band's energy attracted me and had to get really close to the stage and listen to what the lead vocalist, Barry Donegan had to say... He had issues. Screaming and singing his guts out translated into his frustrations and anger about something. I wish I had a written words to his songs in my hand. All the screaming, roaring and shouting couldn't help me to understand a word. Perhaps English being my second language was the reason why I couldn't understand. Between each songs, Barry was explaining about what the song is about and meant. One of the songs struck me. Suddenly I saw a bright flashing light in the total darkness. The issue he was pointing out was this: "Why you got an ATM machine in the house of the Lord?" (Mega churches in this case.) He was right. Why? I came to think and look back on what I was doing wrong and what other fellow Christians were doing. We were so focused in our own intentions and profits. We don't think about what our GOD wants and his intentions and purposes in this world. Barry's remark was like a wake-up call for me. The spirit of repentance rushed into my heart. I prayed for the forgiveness if I mislead anyone and troubled their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment