1/11/2010

Engage & Empower


Photography by Richard Min

"Engage & Empower" Christmas Concert/Party @ Madame Royal, Hollywood, CA

"This benefit concert/party is focused on bringing awareness of cancer in young adults. So many young men and women across the nation are battling through different types of cancers. Lets seek to rediscover ourselves as assets within the community in order to engage with the forgotten, to empower the lost and resonate to produce a unified community, nation and world. Lets take the next step in collaborating and building productive relationships and meet the real need of those around us. Saving one person's life is just the beginning!"

- Jennifer Yoo (Event Coordinator)

My friend Jennifer invested her time and energy where her heart is... For those who are poor, brokenhearted, captives and prisoners. (This is of course, figurative translations from the book of Isaiah 61 that I am using here. On the other hand, it can be literal as well. I love HIS words!) GOD's love starts from each one of us and moves outward to those who are around us and then out to the world. The "Love" with saying "I love you" with your mouth alone is very easy. However, the "True Love" must translate into actions. Just as Jesus Christ had shown us through his suffering and the cross in his life time. "Jesus, here I am your favorite one. What are you thinking, and what are you feeling? I have to know. For I am after your heart. I'm after your heart. I'm after you." - lyrics from "Favorite One" by Misty Edwards 

No comments:

Post a Comment